Sunday 19 April 2009

Back Over the Hill


After a later arrival last night and a hunt round the garages at Ouarzazate to find some suitable Oil, we finally dined on some Kebab and fruit juice and boy did it taste good. I described my problem on a forum dedicated to my make of bike and a guy in South Africa described what had happened and confirmed that there was no easy fix. I would have to be bump or tow started back to the UK or get it fixed in Morocco....but that could take a while and I miss my ferry. Peter made a tow rope and we got going over a small road back over the mountains again.


I came over this same pass in December and I have to say that it is much the same in April only a lot warmer and drier. It it still a stunner though. I didnt take that many pics as 1) I already have some from last time and 2) I didnt want to stall the bike accidentally.


In rural areas, women wash clothes and rugs in the rivers. No Bendix, Hoover or Whirlpool here. They dont like you taking pictures of them as a rule at all so out of courtesy, I always ask....and they always refuse. Rugs cant talk and Richard snapped this one.


Outside every town, high one something prominent like a hill or big rock, you always see this script. It apparently says 'God, King, Country'. People need reminding to be patroitic.






In Northern France, poppies seem to be beautiful weeds. In Morocco, they are cultivated for use a red dye for leather tanning.






Distance 278km

View BeniMellal 19042009 in a larger map

No comments: