Monday 6 April 2009

Cedar Forest


At breakfast this morning, we argued the toss over where to go today. Richard had a burning desire to head straight for the big sand dunes down south and I argued to stay in the cedar forests in the mountains south of Azrou. We compromised and agreed to do what I wanted first and then go south. Initially it was all lovely wiggly tarmac but then it got a bit more interesting with baked earth piste.




Everywhere you pass, the kids wave to you. Some run out to the side of the road excitedly. This must be what the Queen sees....;-) They seem genuinely excited to see strangers on bikes coming through.




I was trailing Richard by a quarter mile when I saw him stop to read the map. Suddenly kids streamed out of the woods around. One was riding the sorriest looking donkey I ever saw. The kids seemed happy enough but the poor beast had some very sore looking ears.




We wandered a bit and the piste got alternatively good and bad depending on your point of view. Richard had a bit of a momenmt crossing this bridge and got a mud splattered and helpfully decided get his camera out and wait till I came past instead of warning me. There is now a video of my shock but it contains too many expletives to broadcast to younger viewers.

Distance: 303km

View Azrou - Ziz 06042009 in a larger map

1 comment:

Ali said...

Oooh go on, show us the video :) How rude can it be?!!